Saturday, December 22, 2012

End of the World?

The end of the world was to take place yesterday, December 21, 2012. Others believe this date was to signify a spiritual awakening for the entire world. At any rate, a new year will be upon us in ten days, which usually stirs up reflection in all of us. An opportunity to learn from the past year and grow as a result of our experiences. I've listed my top three for professional growth for the next year. What are yours?

1. Incorporate technology seamlessly as a part of professional development.
If I am not modeling this for staff, how can I expect them to follow suit? Allowing time to think about how to integrate new technologies into lessons is something that should be a part of every professional development session.

2. If something doesn't sound instructionally sound, speak out!
Creating cognitive dissonance should be a natural part of what I do. This is extremely uncomfortable for myself and others. I continue to develop my skills in this area.

3. Model lifelong learning.
I am a reader. I shouldn't be ashamed to admit this. Sometimes I feel like I turn colleagues off when I reference a source I've just read. I should be comfortable in doing this and modeling for others that learning is a continual process.

I would love to hear your resolutions for professional growth in the next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment